Sunday 2 June 2013

Knitterly Pleasures

After a hectic week it's great to let you mind enjoy a bit of 'free-range' wandering, dreaming of new projects and ideas. And even better, last weekend I had the pleasure of a good friend's company  in the craft 'roost'.

I didn't really 'produce' anything as such - but it's not always about that is it? I'm definitely more about process than product - that's my excuse anyway! I mostly had a long overdo tidy up of my workspace, and sorting through my materials and bits & pieces I'd been playing around with for ideas  (my unfinished sentences, as I call them) often sparks off a load more ideas.My friend Jane was a little more focused than me though and made this set of  beautiful beaded stitch markers.

Later on I had an exciting delivery from Janet at Smalls Crafts - a bundle of Manos Serena loveliness in these beautiful watery colours. This yarn is a fine dk in baby alpaca with cotton, giving it a lovely soft feel and great drape. I've been fancying knitting the Dahlia cardigan by Heather Zoppetti for a while now, but I will have to finish off at least 1 of my  current projects before I am 'allowed' to start knitting it...........

............but swatching doesn't count as starting knitting though does it?? And I needed to test drive Jane's lovely stitch markers afterall, didn't I?

These stitch markers were lovely to use, and as they are made with a loop of tiger tail wire rather than a jump ring they are great to use with finer yarns which can get caught in the join of a split ring.

And it you are liking the look of these, they should be available to buy soon in from the fyberknitics shop. And if you are attending the Magical Moebius workshop on Saturday with the lovely Alison Crowther-Smith you will be treated to one of Jane's lovely stitch markers for you to use on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment