Sunday 1 September 2013

Fast forward to fall

Well that has to be the fastest summer ever! I've been a very busy bee over the last 6 weeks or so, hence the lack of blog posts. So now I need to play catch up......

For a number of years I've been promising myself a 'creative summer' where, rather than go away on holiday, I use my holiday leave to immerse myself in all things creative - and this year I did precisely that.

At the end of July I spent a week at the Textile Study Group's Summer School at Harper Adams Uni in Shropshire. These summer schools are excellent so if you ever get the chance to go I would highly recommend them. They have 3 courses to chose from each year run by exceptional artists/tutors who are   Members of the TSG and leaders in their field. This year I opted to study with Sian Martin working with every day throwaway fragments, bringing them together to make beautiful surfaces to stitch on.


My 'efforts' made in the class
It was a very intensive week, I learned a huge amount, plus it was great to catch up with a few people I'd met last year, such as the lovely Judy Alexander, plus I met some lovely new & very talented folks. You can see some of the other students' work on Sian's blog.

So I arrived home fired up and exhausted at the same time, with just a moment to catch my breath before launching into preparing for the rest of my creative summer events - 2 'firsts' for me: a craft stall at Moira Folk Festival; and the launch of the Stitches Coven exhibition in Swansea, which I'll tell you about in my next post or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment