Thursday 26 March 2015

On the Needles: Rowan Panama

This month I have a few things on the needles, but at the moment I am focusing on one of my new designs for the book I'm currently collaborating on. Deadlines are getting pretty tight now so this post will by necessity be brief, but just thought I'd share with you what I'm up to in the studio.



I've been swatching with Rowan Panama which is a 4ply weight yarn made of viscose, cotton and linen, and I have to say I really like it. The fibre content means it has a beautiful drape and will make for a light and breathable fabric, ideal for a summer garment. Although fairly crisp it has a slight texture to it which means it will take a bit of fancy stitch work but not too much, so less is more and I'm thinking of having a just a dash of a simple lace pattern.

The colour doesn't show that well on screen, but is a beautiful golden green. I'm rather partial to it but will be opting for a different shade such as the lovely lotus (sh 309) - a rich mid blue shade similar to lapis lazuli gem stones.

What have you got on the needles? Do tell by leaving a comment below.

Sign up below to receive your copy of my Blossom Mitts knitting pattern and be one of the first to hear news of further posts and updates.

http://fyberknitics.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=38014c8e6635cec474afe3720&id=d8d542151e

No comments:

Post a Comment