Wednesday 22 May 2013

Simple Hand Printed Card for Hanna


I've always been fascinated by Matryoshka (or babushka) nesting dolls, and these often make appearances in my work be it knitting, stitching, feltmaking or papercraft. To me they symbolise my eastern European origins, and maternal lineage. I made this design to give to my Aunty Hanna for her birthday recently, but today I've made a little army of matryoshkas.



The doll was printed using a simple print block I made using a paper embossing tool on a piece of foam pizza packaging - so it's recycling too :) I've mounted my 'babushkas' onto some lovely decorative papers and finished a few carefully selected buttons. It's always lovely to give or receive handmade cards, and even though using the same print block, each print will be unique.I got a bit carried away so I have few spare which are available to buy here.




If you've enjoyed this post, why not sign up below for news of further posts and updates?

 
http://fyberknitics.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=38014c8e6635cec474afe3720&id=d8d542151e

No comments:

Post a Comment