Thursday 9 May 2013

Hazel Court workshops launched

Having planned and anticipated for months, the day for the fyberknitics 2013 programme of knitting workshops at Hazel court finally arrived . After many hours preparing yarns, learning materials & project patterns the programme launched on Saturday with Intarsia Unravelled. As soon as the participants arrived and had settled in their seats I knew all that prep had been wholly worthwhile - what a lovely group of people :)

Although we had a lot to cover, a lively yet relaxed atmosphere soon developed where we were able to share tips and retail 'finds', as well as chatter a little about our lives, and a lot about our mutual love of knitting. After teaching all day you'd think I would be exhausted, but I usually find quite the opposite to be true - if anything I find the experience to be energising, and often go away feeling as inspired by my 'students' as I hope they do from me.

I was further delighted to then receive these kind words from the lovely Alyson who attended:
'Thank you for you workshop yesterday, it was really inspiring. I'm not afraid of colour now and I can't wait to make something of my own.....your enthusiasm has really rubbed off on me!!! Can't wait for the next workshop.'

Mission accomplished :)


The next workshop is on Saturday 8 June and welcomes guest tutor Alison Crowther-Smith who will be introducing us to her latest obsession of Moebius knitting. Places are limited to ensure a quality learning experience, so don't miss out on this rare opportunity to spend a day with this accomplished designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment