Saturday 5th October 2013, 10-4pm at Hazel Court, Sketty Park, Swansea
Crochet from Scratch with Donna Jones
Add another string to your knitterly bow by learning this increasingly popular craft. This introductory workshop is suitable for complete beginners, and those of you who are returning after a long gap and would like a ‘refresher'. On the day you will learn all the knowledge and skills you need to complete a simple project, including how to follow a basic pattern.
You will be shown the following techniques:
- How to hold your hook and yarn
- How to create a foundation chain and work the first row
- Working in rows, how to do ‘double’, ‘treble’, and ‘slip’stitches
- How to work basic increases and decreases
- How to do a simple edging.
- How to measure your tension.
You will need to bring:
- a selection of crochet hooks (a 4.00mm and a 4.50mm would be most useful)
- a ruler
- a pair of scissors
Provided for you:
- full tuition
- yarns & beads to complete your project
- a workshop pack containing training materials and a free pattern
This workshop costs £30 per person - see here for further information.