Wednesday 27 February 2013

Sneak Preview - Birdy design

I reckon Spring is in the air....or at least nearly. That's what the little sparrows in my garden are telling me if their busy chitter chatter is anything to go by. I love watching them go about their business and I guess it is no surprise that they are having an influence on my design work.

At the moment I'm in the process of making a chirpy birdy design which you'll be able to have a go at if you join us at my Intarsia Unravelled Workshop at Hazel Court on May 4th.

© Donna Jones 2013


So far I've made a number of birdy blocks and am about to stitch them together to make a cushion front.


My next decisions will be about how the back will look. I'm thinking stripes in the existing colourway........though I fancy some texture like cables or a dash of moss stitch.....what do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment