Venue: Hazel Court, Sketty Park, Swansea
A good finish starts before you even cast on. What you do before you start and throughout the garment will determine the finish you will get. Finishing off can seem a chore and be rushed. My aim is to get you to enjoy the finishing off as much as the knitting (well, nearly as much!) and see it as a satisfying skill to achieve a really good finish.
You will need to do a little bit of homework ready for the day so you will have some knitting to 'finish' - details of this will be sent out on booking.
On the day we will cover:
- Things to consider before you start knitting
- How to check your tension
- Using the best cast on and cast off for your particular projects
- Increases and decreases
- Blocking and pressing techniques
- Tips for picking up and knitting button bands
- Joining shoulders using a 3 needle bind off
- Sewing up for the best finish
- making button holes (if time)
You will need to bring:
- Your completed homework! This is essential
- knitting needles: 3.25mm (no.10), 4.00mm (no.8) and 4.50mm (no.7)
- stitch holders
- paper, pencil and small ruler
- Sewing up needle, pins and safety pins
- Hand towel (to be used to pin out work for blocking)
- full tuition
- yarns for use on the day
- a workbook
This workshop costs £30 per person and is suitable for new, 'rusty', or experienced knitters who can knit and purl an follow a basic pattern. See here for further information.